Before proceeding please read the following few lines which are policy of Stelmaria Rattery.
1) All rats are adopted out with a non-breeding contract.
2) The animal(s) must live with another if it gets on with others for its own welfare.
3) If for any reason you cannot keep the animal, I must be the first person called to discuss rehoming or returning.
4) I require 6 month updates from all my bred rats (including rehomes) new homes, this includes health, behavioral notes and dates of, and causes of death etc for my own records to help with my breeding and future litters.
Process for homing rats from me
1.We advertise available rats on our FB page, WE DO NOT RUN A WAITING LIST!
Read the rat care guide in full before applying for available rats. Then fill out the adoption form. Details on the diet, cages, enrichment, health, introductions etc we expect our rats to be keep in/with can be found on our care guide.
Please bear in mind that we only breed for Chocolate and Silver Fawn at the moment (with a chance of related varieties).
Older bred rehomes are older rats bred by us, so will likely be of the varieties listed above.
2. Fill out the adoption form on the website in full. I will assess you and the prospective home based on your adoption form and offer any advice on how we wish our rats to be kept, this is why its best you familiarise yourselves with the standards of care and husbandry before you apply.
3. If your application is approved you will be asked to pay a £15 per kit (WE ONLY HOME IN PAIRS TRIOS). We only breed once our rats have matured/we are ready to breed for ourselves, not to sell babies, this is a side effect not the cause of us breeding. When i have babies available i will post on my FB page, so keep an eye out!
4. Take rats home.
5. Lifetime support. We will always give you the best advice we can throughout their lives. For any rats that come from us, whether rescues or not.
WE MUST ALWAYS TAKE BACK OUR RATS WHETHER RESCUES, BRED REHOMES OR BRED KITS IF YOU NEED TO REHOME AT ANY POINT FOR ANY REASON
Please can all our adopters, friends and boarders leave a review on our fb page, now that reviews are enabled on it please?! https://www.facebook.com/stelmariarats/