If you are interested in adopting from us please READ OUR RAT CARE GUIDE FIRST AND FOREMOST then fill out the adoption form IN FULL PLEASE.
Before proceeding please read the following few lines which are policy of Stelmaria Rattery.
1) All rats are adopted out with a non-breeding contract.
2) The animal(s) must live with another if it gets on with others for its own welfare.
3) If for any reason you cannot keep the animal, I must be the first person called to discuss rehoming or returning.
4) I require 6 month updates from all my bred rats (including rehomes) new homes, this includes health, behavioral notes and dates of, and causes of death etc for my own records to help with my breeding and future litters.
Process for homing rats from me
1. Read the rat care guide in full before filling out the adoption form. Details on the diet, cages, enrichment, health, introductions etc we expect our rats to be keep in/with can be found on our care guide.
Please bear in mind that we only breed for Chocolate and Silver Fawn at the moment (with the possibility of other varieties).
Rescues are unlikely to be any of the more popular colours, but check with us first if you are considering rescues.
Older bred rehomes are older rats bred by us, so will likely be of the varieties listed above.
3. Fill out the adoption form on the website in full. I will assess you and the prospective home based on your adoption form and offer any advice on how we wish our rats to be kept, this is why its best you familiarise yourselves with the standards of care and husbandry before you apply.
4. If your application is approved you will be asked to pay a 15 pound deposit (the deposit is not non-refundable), before you are added to the waiting list for bred babies (bred babies are £15 each). (WE ONLY HOME IN PAIRS TRIOS OR MORE). You may be waiting 3-12 months depending on what litters are planned as we only breed once our rats have matured/we are ready to breed for ourselves, not to sell babies, this is a side effect not the cause of us breeding. We ask that you pay for your bred babies via paypal at the time of allocation at 3 to 6 weeks old. I may not pick my keepers until 8 weeks, but usually know how many i am keeping, so can tell how many i will have for homes afterwards, even if i haven't exactly decided which ones.
You will be asked to pay the £10 per rat adoption fee (WE ONLY HOME IN PAIRS TRIOS OR MORE) for rescues/older bred rehomes to reserve your chosen rats.
5. Allocation of bred rats by me. I only breed mainly for my own lines and to improve them, so i will allocate babies based on your preferences and will do my utmost to try to make sure you get what you ask for, but it is not always possible. Remember variety doesn't make a difference on temperament.
With Rescues you take the rats home whenever you choose to collect them.
6. Take rats home.
7. Lifetime support. We will always give you the best advice we can throughout their lives. For any rats that come from us, whether rescues or not.
WE MUST ALWAYS TAKE BACK OUR RATS WHETHER RESCUES, BRED REHOMES OR BRED KITS IF YOU NEED TO REHOME AT ANY POINT FOR ANY REASON
Please can all our adopters, friends and boarders leave a review on our fb page, now that reviews are enabled on it please?! https://www.facebook.com/stelmariarats/